In the review I was told to change the personality of the customer to make her contrast more with the toothpaste girl.
I tried making the character more pushy, then a vampire (for the teeth), before settling on her being the face of the brand and therefore reluctant to take the samples as she has enough of them already.
I need to pace this a bit more and show more inbetweens, but for a first pass I think it’s worked out well.
I made one of the cartoon animals in Maya and I also decided to rig it. I picked the bunny as it looked the simplest.
All done in about 2 hours.
Step by step- I curled the ears with a lattice. I also ended up using HumanIK to rig as making my own rig ended up being too annoying.
For practice I drew animals in different styles with different levels of humanisation.
I also drew different reptiles, amphibians and water animals in my sketchbook 🙂
For summer work we were told to make short animations and I made a quick head turn as i still need to get better at them.
(two different speeds)
Made on Autodesk sketchbook with the flipbook feature
For the chicken and fox houses I finished up the exterior work I needed to do.
I trialled a few different chicken designs based on my favourite-
I then checked the silhouettes to see which one worked best-
I decided that I still liked number one so I didn’t change anything except for making the design a bit neater.
I then drew the placement of the fox and chicken house in the forest/estate. I put the fox closer into the forest so the house would look in worse shape and the stilts would make sense-
I’m going to do more angles, such as wide, from the front and eye level from the fox house.
Here is a reference page for the tire swing-
I managed to model the body and start on the facial features. I applied a temporary skin as I find it easier to see than the grey.
I also started working on the teeth but I don’t have a screencap for that yet.
I found the model easier to make than I thought so I might go back to the design and work into it more.
In VFX we were looking at layers and channels and how they can be useful.
Here is the original image-
Through Shuffle I separated the layers. Below is what they look like individually-
It was really useful to learn about this as it gave me a better understanding of what Nuke does with each editing technique.