I attempted some animation as seen below-
I’ve had a lot of issues with the rig and graph editor so I’m really only happy with about 4 seconds of it, but I think with careful editing, completing the other scenes and redoing a few scenes it might look better
I do like the lighting, models (when not moving), blend shapes and scenery
I did more animation in today’s lesson-
I have more to do at the end than I thought but hopefully on Wednesday and Thursday I can finish it.
For visual communication this year we created caricatures of ourselves and worked in groups to make a backstory and world for them.
Below is my development process, it’s very long so it’s under a cut
I built my set and trialled a few lighting set ups before eventually deciding on this version which is four ambient lights.
It has a cold night like feel to it so I’m pretty happy with it.
For the stage I built the floor and walls, lots of plant pots, book shelves, doors, windows, and a trophy.
I want to add a few family photos and maybe skirting boards next time I go back to it.
I continued animating and improved all the walk cycles and timing for them.
I’m happy with the point I’m at now but I do want to animate some more this week
I modelled and rigged my two characters. When designing the model reference I drew the edge flow for the faces as I found them really hard last project-
This was hard to draw but when modelling saved me a huge amount of time
I then created a full reference for both and scaled them to be the right size
I then started constructing and rigging-
Finished renders of both-
Maya crashed at this point so I’ll add more images when I’m emotionally ready
both characters are rigged so I just need to weight paint and set build and I’ll be ready to start animating