Here is my final storyboard. I really like it. I think with each pass I’ve improved a lot and I used feedback well and have created a good piece.
Next up is reaching the mid point and rigging and importing my Amph model, then I think I’ll be finished by next friday.
More canyon. 99% of the colouring is done and I changed and added a few scenes.
I need to detail the dog, extend the final scene and synchronise the sound track 🙂
I managed to create 10 seconds of Icarus animation and would of had moe but I had issues with batch rendering.
Here is the piece-
I think there’s a few parts in the end that I could easily fix so I think once I fix batch renering I’ll go back to that.
I managed to find a lighting style I liked and after a few failed attempts get a rendering style that suited the visual style of the storyboard. In the end I needed a fill light and to change the gamma levels on the renderer to 2.2.
In the end of this scene they kick to the left, so the next part to animate will be the character spinning round to be face up.
Redrew a few bad faces, fixed the grass layer and coloured in more.
I finally managed to get the rig to work for Icarus but I haven’t weightpainted it or included one of the eyes so I’m going to remake next lesson.
Here is the first animatic where i hadn’t combined the pictures-
Here is the second version made on YouTube slideshow. It wouldn’t let me remove the wipe effect, hence the thumbnail :[
I do like this as it lets me see the scale of the characters. I haven’t rigged the Amph model as I had had enough of humanik.
Animation from two photos-
Taken from two pictures of myself. It was good practice in editing tangents and learning about spline/linear/stepped animation, along with how secondary animation can improve a piece.
Amphitrite smile blend shapes-
Hand blend shape-
As it’s a main bit of the animation I decided to make the hand movement a blend shape-
Here is my modelling work so far. I need to rig and humanik both models but I feel like so far everything is going well. I used UV texture and found it much easier than the previous project.
For the face texture i kept the UV simple as it looks much better with shadows.
I really like the bump map for this one I think it makes a simple face look really good. I really like this model. The rig in the screenshots broke so i need to remake it but this is how it will look. The eye texture is a royalty free dragon scale picture. I couldn’t really design a photoshop texture that worked so i went with an image instead.
With both models there’s slight differences compared to the turnaround but I made these changes to make it easier to model and as overall improvements.