I watched some animation tutorials on youtube and the ones I found most useful mentioned using Visor for presets.
I decided to try this out to see what it was like.
I did a test with one of the flame presets. I rotated the final image to get a different style and it was interesting to look at how the physics of the flame is created and how Maya understands physics.
And then again with the disintegration/ blow up set-
These were both just practices but I found it useful and it helped me see where I can save time in an animation.
I also tried a pressure test with an ncloth but I haven’t exported that yet.