In week 10 I also managed to finish the building. From my last update I created a textured ground and sky using the crater and fractal patterns, as well as editing the colours of the textures and duplicating the buildings.
I actually managed to construct the scene very quickly. I ended up having a lot of problems with lighting as as the image is a painting it doesn’t really follow real world physics in terms of perspective and lighting. I also had problems with my render settings rendering out raw images instead of colour managed which led to me wasting about 3 hours on re-texturing and lighting colours before the solution to the problem was found-
Below are my renders along with a comparison with the original painting. Due to the fact the shapes were so simple and the buildings repeated themselves I had problems coming up with different angles to render from.
In the image below the design stages can be seen-
Looking at the images above I’m really impressed with how the final piece turned out. I originally chose the building because I thought it looked very simple, but with the difficulties I had with edges disappearing and finding angles to render I think I could of chosen a different building and managed it successfully knowing how much I improved during this project.
I’m very happy with this project.