1003: Still Life 90% complete

In week 9 I decided to try and get as much of the still life done as possible.

It was in this week that I started looking at more complex textures, such as mesh splitting like with the melon and wine bottles. I also started attempting to add images to the UV maps.

The image below shows some examples of split meshes.

2016-12-02-2

These images show my experimentation with different types of textures, inserting images and how I eventually made the cloth.

By placing all the models together I could scale things more accurately and work on the textures more. I didn’t realise how large the model was overall so I had to change the scale of the grapes and helmets a lot when I exported them.

2016-12-02-1

The cloth needs a bit more work and I need to position everything again and texture the grapes and bottles but for week 9 I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made.

In week 10 I definitely want to get started on lighting and becoming more confident with the render engines.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s