For the Olympic project one of the deliverables was a key frame line test with rough animation line test.
I decided that I would illustrate my storyboard and extra frames in the actual lift section to create my line test.
Below is the rough version-
The start looks a bit too fast at the moment but as I haven’t added any breakdowns i’m not worried about timings yet.
Below is the neat version-
I decided to remove the Armada idea as the piece was loosing the context of being in the Olympics. I had to change what I originally wanted for the ladies in waiting but I kept them in the animation as I really like the designs.
I think I am going to struggle with the crowd scene as the perspective is quite difficult and it will require a lot of animating so I think if I find it too time consuming I’ll change it into a closer shot.
I’m really happy with how this turned out and I think it hits a lot of the 12 principles of animation. I need to start thinking about arcs and timing and what motions I’m going to emphasise, but I think I have a good starting point.