I decided to take a break from the still life piece and start thinking about how I’m going to model the painting.
I first thought about making it in separate components, having each of the faces be a different polygon-
I thought this looked ok until I looked at the smoothed preview-
The faces weren’t connected so the shape really didn’t work. There were so many curves to try and fix that I decided to just start again.
In this version I cut the gaps out of the polygon instead of using three pieces. I then bevelled the top to get a straight edge.
work so far:
This is only the very start, and I night end up using a cube and building out of the front face for the triangle and curve front but for now I’m just experimenting.